Tuesday 19 February 2013

Swanpool

Back at Swanpool, and what a wonderful day to do so, the sun is shining the skies are blue so off I go. Although the sun had bought out others in large numbers which may have put some of the species into hiding there were still a few surprises the most being a Red Admiral (Vanessa atalanta) which I found at the top end of the lake on some barren strawberry and bramble.


Another thing that I found interesting was that the little grebes are starting to change color into there summer plumage. When I was there I also focused my attention on some of the more common species such as a friendly Black Bird (Turdus merula) which perched nicely on a post and a Wood Pigeon (Columba palumbus) which was walking in between some daffodil stems. 






No comments:

Post a Comment