Thursday 14 March 2013

Swanpool

After a few days with the camera just sitting in the bag due to work needing to be done and the weather, today was the day for me to blow off the dust and get out and take some photos and what a day to choice, lovely blue skies with the clouds adding movement to them.

The first decision was where to go but that was easy, Swanpool Nature Reserve, after a walk around the lake I had spotted Robins, Blackbirds, Dunnocks, 6 Little Grebes (all in their summer plumage), Black Headed Gull (most now with their black heads), Herring Gulls, Coots, Moorhens, Mallards, "Farm Ducks", 2 Water Rails and 1 Mute Swan, now this was a confusing outcome as last time I visited the reserve there were 3 on the lake, 2 adults and 1 from last years young which was being chased off the lake, but no matter where I looked I couldn't find the two parents which means there is a high chance that the cygnet (now an adult) manged to chase off his parents and now clams the lake as his own.

Now down to the Photographer, while walking around although in the main I only saw the more common species I did get two close encounters with 2 Water Rails, not in the best light but it was so unusual to get so close to them.


One of the common species that I always see around the lake and are always friendly are the Robins and even though I have loads of images of them 1 more never hurts.


After my walk around the reserve I headed over to the beach to relax in the sun, after a few minutes a friendly Pied Wagtail came to say "Hello."




No comments:

Post a Comment