Thursday 11 July 2013

Orchid Photography at Southwater Country Park

Last monday I went over to Southwater Country Park to photography the orchids that had appeared, we found two species a Bee Orchid (Ophrys apifera) and a Common Spotted Orchid (Dactylorhiza fuchsii). Below I have attached my two favourite photos from the season, by using three reflectors I was able to light the subject and also some added grass in the foreground to add depth to the image, simple but effective.


Bee Orchid - Ophrys apifera


Common Spotted Orchid - Dactylorhiza fuchsii

While looking for the orchids we came across a Clouded Yellow (Colias croceus) , having not seen one before and Dad having not seen one for a few days we were both excited to see it and chased it around the field trying to capture a photo, I cant imagine how mad we must have looked!!


Clouded Yellow Butterfly - Colias croceus


No comments:

Post a Comment