Tuesday 27 August 2013

Warnham LNR

Again at Warnham LNR this morning, found the Roesel's Bush-Cricket (Metrioptera roeseli) now 5 of them in the same patch as I found one yesterday. While going around the rest of the reserve I ended up in the 2nd hide where I waited and watched the Kingfishers (Alcedo atthis) go up and down the lake and the Herons (Ardea cinerea) as they sat and watched from the reeds, waiting for a fish to come past in front of them. While I had my eyes on one of the Herons I heard the sound of the Kingfisher flying up from the right, at first ignoring it as there was only come call which normal means he has stopped further down the lake. But in the corner of my eye I noticed a flash of blue as the kingfisher landed on the closest post, I quickly grabbed my camera and managed to fire off 2 photos at 5fps before he was gone. Sadly this meant that the motion of me grabbing and moving the camera up had created some vibration blurring the image slightly. The best of the two is below not my best but still great to see a kingfisher so close!!


Roesel's Bush-Cricket (Metrioptera roeseli)


Kingfishers (Alcedo atthis) 

No comments:

Post a Comment