Monday 26 August 2013

Long time no see!

As you may have all noticed I haven't posted anything in awhile this is down to work, however I was able to get out last Tuesday down to Dover to see my Uncle. While there me, Dad and him went out on the North Downs Way where we found 21 different species of butterflies including Brown Argus (Aricia agestis) , Clouded Yellow (Colias) and Silver Spotted Skipper (Hesperia comma). 


Common Blue's Mating - Polyommatus icarus


Common Blue - Polyommatus icarus



This morning I was out again at Warnham LNR on such a lovely day how could I resist the urge to go out and take some photos. While there the first thing I noticed was the lack of the Terns (Sterna hirundo) which have now all left their nests and headed off. From the 1st hide where I saw that the Terns were missing I headed to the meadow in search of Grass Hoppers and Butterflies. I found a number of grasshoppers including an Roesel's Bush-Cricket (Metrioptera roeseli). We also found two Grass snakes, one in the 3rd Mill pond and another on the path between Walnut and the feeders station.


Meadow Grasshopper - Chorthippus parallelus


Common Blue - Polyommatus icarus

Out on the lake we saw Greylag Geese (Anser anser), Herons (Ardea cinerea), the pair of Mute Swans (Cygnus olor) and 2 Kingfishers (Alcedines) which flew past at high speed making them hard to spot let alone photograph.


Goldfinch - Spinus tristis

No comments:

Post a Comment