Thursday 26 September 2013

First day out in Cornwall

First morning out in Falmouth, not the nicest of days but it had been too long and I was having withdrawal madness from the lack of photographs I had taken. I first headed to Pendennis Point to see if the mist had created any interesting landscapes unfortunately as I arrived it started to throw it down and so I decided to go for a walk without my camera just to see if anything had changed over summer and if I did see a good spot I could quickly run back to the car grab my camera and then go and shoot the photo but due to the thickness of the mist there it all seemed quite plan.


View From Swanpool Beach 


So I headed for Swanpool one of my favourite spots all last year. This time I walked around with my camera with my Canon 70-200mm F2.8 IS on which would allow me to capture images hand held even in the low light. While there saw a number of species out on the lake including Tufted Ducks, Mute Swans, Mallard and Great Crested Grebes. More interesting to me how ever were all the spiders dotted around the edge of the lake in the middle of their webs this creating a great photo opportunity.



Araneus diadematus


Hopefully it will dry up soon and I will be out again seeing what I can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment