Saturday 7 September 2013

Warnham LNR & Arundel WWT

After the rain pasted I headed to Warnham LNR with one aim the Kingfisher (Alcedines), sadly the one day when the reserve is dead quiet is the day that he doesn't turn up, while I was sitting there waiting for him I did however take some photos of some Mallards (Anas platyrhynchos) as they cleaned themselves and flapped their wings. A thing to note and I wondered if anyone else had noticed this, that the Mallards (Anas platyrhynchos) have had a baby boom this year they are everywhere and in 10x the numbers this year compared to others it seems, I could be going mad but that's what it seems to me.


Mallard - Anas platyrhynchos

Today me and Dad went to Arundel WWT in search of the Water Voles (Arvicola amphibius), it didn't take long for us to find one and we were able to capture some great images of him until he disappeared under the broad walk, we later found another curled up in a stub of wood but was impossible to get a clear view on him sleeping in his little nest.


Water Vole - Arvicola amphibius


Water Vole - Arvicola amphibius

No comments:

Post a Comment